The team at JWS consulting have been involved in logistics service tender management since 1993 and during that time we have seen the good, the bad and the ugly!
More importantly we have seen the outcomes of these tenders. The short-term impact and the ongoing impact of the tender project is massively dependent upon the quality of the tender itself.
There is a need for an understanding of the key business objectives and how the logistics function can facilitate them before any tender project is launched, and JWS consulting is experienced in qualifying those points and ensuring the tender is built around them.
There are several “must have” elements to qualify the documentation and process as a genuine tender, but the true value is often extracted by the inclusion of certain non-standard elements.
Our market experience covers;
- Mail and packet delivery services
- Sameday courier services
- B2B parcel services
- B2C parcel delivery services
- Parcel carrier streaming and labelling solutions
- C2C parcel delivery services
- Timed parcel delivery services
- Domestic and International parcel delivery services
- Click and Collect parcel delivery services
- Online parcel comparison websites
- Specialist transport services
- Out of Gauge parcel delivery services
- 2-man lift home delivery services
- UK and European Palletised delivery services
- LTL UK and European delivery services
- FTL UK and European delivery services
- Temperature controlled transport and warehousing services
- Ambient transport and warehousing services
- Container off-quay storage and transport
- Rail freight
- Air freight
- Sea Freight
- Freight Forwarding
- Event logistics